When you use the Maryland General Assembly and the Department of Legislative Services websites, information is collected automatically and voluntarily.
Automatically collected information does not identify you personally, and includes, but is not limited to:
- The Internet domain (example: aol.com) and the IP address (the number automatically assigned to your computer when surfing the Web) from which you access the site;
- The type of browser and operating system used to access the site;
- The date and time you access a site;
- The page(s) you visit; and
- The url address from which you linked to our website.
Information you voluntarily provide to us when you:
- Register to view Legislator Ethics filings will be provided to the member or members whose filings you have viewed.
- Sign up to use the Track Legislation feature will be used to send you legislation status emails.
The information is used to make these websites more useful to visitors and to learn about the number of visitors and the types of technology they use.
It is not the Maryland General Assembly’s policy to sell or disclose to third parties any information collected unless required by law, subpoena, court discovery or other legal process.